When you are participating in online dating, especially those with any of the “swiping” apps, a first impression is CRUCIAL. For me, you have about 2.3 seconds to convince me to read your profile and look at other photos. IF I do proceed with checking you out, there are a few things that can immediately turn me off.
- You are not smiling. I’m not the biggest fan of my smile, but I still do it! If you aren’t smiling in ONE photo, that makes me think you need to get an attitude adjustment and I’m not up for the job!
- You’re flipping off the camera. C’mon, are you 15? Stop.
- Your photos are all of you pointing your phone at the bathroom mirror. I don’t like selfies as it is, but if every photo is in your bathroom I’m thinking two things: you’re so vain or you had a fashion show.
- All of your photos are selfies – you mean to tell me that you don’t have a single person in your life willing to take a photo of you?
- You have at least one shirtless photo. My DB alarm goes off immediately.
- You have a flexing in the gym photo. I enjoy the gym too. I enjoy seeing results in my body. But I do not enjoy seeing yours.
- 5 of the 6 photos are memes. I don’t think I need to elaborate on this one.
- The majority of your photos are of you surrounded by girls. I get it, you have girl friends…you’re desirable…blah, blah. But you’re on a dating app, no girl wants to see you with a bunch of other girls. We don’t like the competition.
- You are an “entrepreneur” – too many times I’ve learned this is another way to spell “unemployed.”
- It looks like a child wrote your bio. Sorry, not sorry. I write for a living and spelling, grammar and punctuation are things I care about.
I’m not saying these need to be a standard for you to go by, it’s just something that I’ve used as a guideline.
Good luck out there – love is a battlefield.